Popular posts from this blog
Introduction
Hello, my name is Jarad Anderson. I am a senior chemical biosciences and pre-medicine major. I am currently in the process of applying to medical school. A very exciting yet stressful time! I absolutely love it here at the University of Oklahoma and have really immersed myself in University College. I actually work in two different University College departments: The Office of Freshman Programs and the Student Learning Center. My role in Freshman Programs is to serve as a senior advisor for Alpha Lambda Delta National Honor Society. My main job is to provide guidance and serve as a mentor for the current executive council. Additionally, in the Student Learning Center, I serve as a staff supervisor and study night coordinator. I plan large exam study nights for major uniform classes such as introductory chemistry, biology, and psychology. Last year over 2,500 student attended our study nights. Also, although it’s technically not a position within University College, I serve as a t...
Growth Mindset - Assessment, Choice, and the Learning Brain
Assessment, Choice, and the Learning Brain What is at least one thing that the article CONFIRMED for you that you knew already? One thing I already knew that the article confirmed was that many teachers--and professors for that matter--have an outdated method for assessing student understanding. Many test the students' ability to memorize facts, figures, formulas, etc., but do not focus on how to best help students retain and encoded this knowledge into long-term memory. What is at least one NEW thing that you learned that you did not know before? Although I have developed and used both of these types of goals depending on the subject/class, I never viewed academic goals as either performance-related or mastery. This does make a great deal of sense to me. I can still recall information that I was determined to master for one reason or another. What is the one thing you are now CURIOUS to explore (i.e. something you want to try in your life...

Comments
Post a Comment