Reading Notes: Gospel of Mark, Part A



This week I chose to read the Gospel of Mark, John the Baptist and Jesus. This story is an excerpt of the Book of Mark chapters 1 and 2 of the King James Bible (1611). As with other stories I have read from the King James Bible, it is written in an older, more formal English style. It was not too hard to understand and I was able to easily follow along. 

What stood out to me most was the use of detail. Everything is described from the clothes, food, etc. For example, "And John was clothed with camel's hair, and with a girdle of a skin about his loins; and he did eat locusts and wild honey." Also, like most Bible stories, it includes a lot of direct quotes from the main characters in the story. 

I think one of the biggest take away from stories was seeing the importance of using more detailed and descriptive wording. I believe this adds and extra layer to a story making it seem more personable.

 (St. John the Baptist by Titian)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Week 2 Story: The Woman and the Bear