Reading Notes: Martha and Mary, Part B


For the second part of the reading this week, I chose to read Biblical Women, Martha and Mary. The story is an excerpt from the King James Bible (1611) - Luke 10 and John 11.

I have heard the story about Martha and Mary many times. I especially like the story from the Gospel of Luke and the message it shares. I also found the debate between "Mary of Bethany" or "Mary Magdalene" to be very interesting. I had not heard this debate prior to reading this story. I also never knew Martha traveled to France and performed miracles of her own. I am interested to look into this further.

Although I do not have trouble reading the King James version of the Bible, it is not what I prefer. As such, I don't think I would want to write a story using this writing style. As with the other biblical stories I have read, there is a lot of second-person, direct quoting in this story.


Jesus in the House of Martha and Mary
Source: Photo by Matthijs Musson - Wikimedia Commons

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Week 2 Story: The Woman and the Bear