Story Lab: TEDEd Language


For this weeks Story Lab, I chose to watch the TEDEd videos about language, grammar, and punctuation. 

The first thing I noted was that it would so interesting if we were able to confirm the existence of universal, common ancestral language. I have always been interested in how we develop language acquisition skills and the nature and nurture components of language.

I also enjoyed the video about semicolons. For a long time I did not fully understand when to use (or not to use) a semicolon. This video helped clarify that a semicolon can be used to connect two related clauses or used to shorten a sentence by eliminating a conjunction.
Defense of the Semicolon
Source: Rebecca Wilson - Flickr 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Week 2 Story: The Woman and the Bear