Topic Research


This week I chose to focus on "The Life of Noah." Last week, I chose "Noah and the Ark" as one of my potential storybook focuses. Laura gave me the idea to create a storybook about the "Life of Noah." One resource in particular is the Wikipedia page about Noah. It gives basic information on who Noah is, his family, major accomplishments, faults, and also lists exactly where he is mentioned in the Bible. This could definitely be a valuable resource.

The first story I chose to read out of the Noah and the Ark Unit was The Ark (Genesis). This story is from the King James Bible: Genesis 5-6. It is in this story that the Lord describes why and how to build the ark to Noah. This could potentially be the opening of my storybook.

The second story I chose to read was The Flood (Genesis). Like the first story, this is a passage from the King James Bible (1611). This is the passage in which the Lord describes the nature of the flood to Noah. It is also the passage in which the flood occurs. A thought I have is to make the The Ark, The Flood, and After the Flood, the three main sections of my storybook and then have sub-stories about Noah's life in between the three main sections.

The third story I chose to read was After the Flood (Genesis). Again, this is a passage out of the King James Bible (1611). This is the passage in which Noah sends out the Raven and the Dove to ensure that the flood is over. It is also the passage in which the Lord tells Noah to take his family and "go forth" from the ark. Like I mentioned in the third paragraph, I think After the Flood could serve as the last major section in my storybook. I do need to research and determine what other aspects of Noah's life occurred in between the beginning of building the ark, the flood, and after the flood. 

Photo of Noah's Ark by Ceinturion










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Week 2 Story: The Woman and the Bear