Reading Notes - Crash Course: Mythical Places


For the extra credit reading this week, I chose to watch the Crash Course videos regarding Mythical Places. These videos discussed many of the mythical gardens, forests, lakes, rivers, cities, and temples that exist in mythological folklore.
I thought it was interesting to learn that some mythical caves contain lush gardens within them. For example, Hades is described as a dark and mysterious cave, yet we know it also contained pomegranate trees. I think it would be cool to incorporate this unusual pairing (dark, dangerous cave with beautiful, lushes gardens).  I also found it interesting just how versatile a mountain can be in a story. For example, it can be a home of a god or king, since it reaches to the sky; avalanches; they can be treacherous; and, a mountain can be used as a source of valuable minerals. Including a mountain in a story open the door to include many unique situations. I most definitely want to include some of these features into my upcoming stories.

Mountain View
Source - Flickr 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Week 2 Story: The Woman and the Bear