Week 8 Reading and Writing


To begin this review week, I updated my portfolio website. I added an additional line about my upcoming story and changed the background color. Also, taking someone else's suggestion, I added a link on my home page to the comment wall for easier access. At this point, I am happy with the way my portfolio website looks. 
Looking Back: Looking back I have found my reading notes to be helpful. Normally, I review my reading notes, then re-read the story, and then write my story. What I find most useful regarding my reading notes is that I detail exactly what I like about the story. I use this to help guide my writing process; making sure to include all of the things I found most intriguing/interesting about the story. 
My favorite story so far has been the King of the Ants. I think it is such a cool and creative story. I also like it because there are a multitude of different ways you can change and alter the story to make it more personal or to fit other themes. 


The Quaint Cabin 
Source - Max Pixel

My favorite image that I have used is the quaint cabin above. This is my favorite image because I feel that it truly helps the reader to imagine the situation, environment, and atmosphere of the story. It helps the reader picture the flustered chemist finding this nice and relaxing cabin surrounded my mountains and forests. 

Looking Forward: Looking forward, I want to continue to improve my writing skills in order to make my stories better. Also, I want to be sure to focus on the smaller details, such as word choice, active vs. passive words, and overall impact of statements. I think I can accomplish this, in sorts, by examining the weekly reading more closely to see how the author's accomplish this in their own stories. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Week 2 Story: The Woman and the Bear