Topic Brainstorm



As of now, I am thinking I would like to focus on the Biblical Unit. My first possible topic is “Infancy Gospels.” I am quite familiar with the gospels of Luke and Matthew, which is what drew me to this topic. After additional reading, I am interested in learning more about The First Infancy Gospel from Platt’s The Lost Books of the Bible. I think this would be an interesting topic to both research and write about throughout the semester, and there is plenty of content to cover. A potential source for this topic is The Lost Books of the Bible by Rutherford Platt, Jr.

My second possible topic is "Bible Stories." Like the page mentions, there are tons of dramatic stories in the Bible. This could be broken down into more specific topics such as Women of the Bible, Men of the Bible, Murders of the Bible, etc. This option would really allow me to customize exactly what I would like to research and write about. The Bible is massive and contains many different stories I could pull from. I am familiar with a moderate amount of Bible stories but this project would also give me the opportunity to learn more. A possible source for this topic is "The "Bad" Guys of the Bible."


A third potential topic is "Folklore of the Holy Land." Again, I do have some familiarity with the Christian aspect of these stories, but what really intrigues me about this topic is to be able to see and study the parallels between the Christian, Muslim, and Jewish stories. Also, reading the overview of this topic grabbed my attention and made me want to read more. This topic also connects well with the other potential topics I have selected. A possible source for this topic is "Holy Land: Job and His Family"

My fourth and last potential topic is "Noah and the Ark." This topic caught my attention because the story of Noah and the Ark is a very prominent Christian story. Additionally, I am interested in reading more about the stories about the creation of the ark and what life was like on the ark. I am intrigued to learn/read more about the entire story surrounding Noah and the Ark. There also seems to be a large volume of sources of which I could pull from. I am excited to learn what the shocking revelations about Adam and Eve were, as mentioned in the overview. One potential source is "The Flood."




Free photo of Noah's Ark from Creation Museum
Source - Max Pixel

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Week 2 Story: The Woman and the Bear